As a Christian, maintaining your spiritual life is very important. Our spiritual lives need to be frequently taken care of in order to remain rooted with the Lord. This can not be neglected, forgotten, or swept aside, as a weak spiritual life leaves you open to temptations and other attacks.
Your soul thrives through proper nourishment that can be done in the following ways:
- You must free your heart from all the negative emotions. One of the things that can hinder your healing and blessings is the feeling of hatred, anger, and grudges.
- Practice humility and thanksgiving. (1 Thessalonians 5:18) "Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."
- Feed your mind/heart (soul) with the Holy Bible. The Bible is loaded with verses of comfort, encouragement, and wisdom. Make it a habit to read and study your Bible in a regular, disciplined way
- It is crucial to devote time to connect with yourself while managing your time and daily tasks. Fitting mediation and relaxation into your lifestyle will free your mind and foster a stronger relationship with your spiritual wellness whether in the morning, during your lunch break, or before you go to sleep.
- Get rid of sinful thoughts by guarding your mind. Also, cleanse your mind of anything that distracts you from God. Romans 8:6 - "The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace."
Basically, the goal is to live for God, not ourselves, so, that others can always see the creator in our words and actions.
Watch your spiritual life grow by using these tips.